March 3, 2021
Here Is Our New Mouth Watering Recipe Of Veg Cutlet
These crispy and tasty veg cutlet can be made as an evening snack and best to serve them hot with tomato ketchup and green chutney. They are good tea-time snack and can also made during monsoons.
I make these veg cutlet often most of the times. I have carrots, capsicum, onion, potatoes, cabbage and peas. So it’s easy to make these cutlets.
These veg cutlets can baked, deep fried Or shallow fried to suits one’s diet and taste. Veg cutlet are made using a combination veggies with potato as the base for binding.
Ingredients For Veg Cutlet:-
• 1/2 cup chopped carrots
• 6-8 boiled potatoes
• 1/4 chopped capsicum, onion, cabbage
• 1/2 cup fresh green peas, boiled
• 1/2 inch ginger+1-2 green chillies crushed to a paste
• 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
• 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
• 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 3 tablespoons water
• 1/3 cup bread crumbs or add as required
• 2 to 3 tablespoons oil for shallow frying
How Veg Cutlet Is Made?
• To make these veg cutlet; first you just need to take all chopped veggies and mix them well.
• You can use veggies like; carrots, potatoes, cabbage, capsicum, onion and peas.
• These cutlets are crumb coated; so that they become crispy. To crumbs coat batter is made of all purpose flour (maida).
• I suggest to shallow fry the veg cutlet; for deep frying the temperature of oil has to be correct. Otherwise these veg patties may absorb too much oil or break in the oil.
How To Make Veg Cutlet? (Method)
1- Take a large bowl, add boiled potatoes, chopped veggies (carrots,cabbage,capsicum,green peas, onion). Mash them with a masher and mix well.
2- Add 1.5 teaspoon crushed ginger+garlic+green chilli paste (2-3 small garlic cloves + 1/2 inch ginger + 1-2 green chillies crushed to a paste in mortar and pestle) ; 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder, 3 tablespoon bread crumbs and salt as required. Skip garlic if don’t use it. If the mixture feels moist and sticky, then add 1 tablespoon move of the bread crumbs.
3- Blitz 5-6 slices of bread in a food processor or grinder till fine to get bread crumbs.
4- Keep the bread crumbs aside in a plate or tray.
5- Instead of bread crumbs you can also add 2 to 3 slices of bread dipped in water and then squeezed completely of the water.
6- Mix everything very well. Check the taste add more salt or spice powders if required.
7- In another small bowl, take tablespoon maida (all purpose flour) and 3 tablespoon water. Add water as required then to make a thick flowing paste.
8- Stir and mix this mixture to get a smooth paste without any lumps. This step of making the all purpose flour paste is optional and you can skip it.
9- Now take the cutlet mixture in a plate using a cutlet mould or make medium-sized round cutlet by rolling and flattening the portions of the mixture in your palms.
10- Prepare or shape the entire mixture into the round cutlet or shaped cutlet.
11- Heat 2-3 tablespoons oil for shallow frying in a pan. Take a cutlet and dip in the maida paste gently.
12- Coat the paste evenly all over the cutlet.
13- Then coat the cutlet in bread crumbs. If you do not have bread crumbs, then you can also use rawa. Coat the veg cutlet with rawa.
14- Coat the cutlet evenly with the bread crumbs.
15- Dust the excess bread crumbs and place the cutlet in the medium hot oil.
16- When one side is golden, flip and fry the other side. Add more oil if required.
17- Flip a couple of times more and fry all the patties till they are evenly golden and crisp from all sides.
18- Drain them on tissue paper to remove excess oil.
19- Serve veg cutlet hot with mint chutney or coriander chutney or sauce.
To know more about, Politics, click here
To know more about, Homemade Vada Pav, click here
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin